Sunday, December 14, 2014

I remember

I remember my dad pushing me what I thought was so high on the swings my butterflies were
unbearable.

I remember laughing so hard the pain in my stomach was excruciating.

I remember wishing with everything I had on 11:11.

I remember the snails sizzling and bubbling after pouring a spoonful of salt on them and never feeling bad about it.

I remember Halloween in 5th grade and being so frustrated with my costume coming apart after spending the whole night before putting it together. 

I remember chickening out after all my friends promised we would throw our food at the same time to start a food fight. 

I remember swearing in front of my grandma and the expression on her face looked like I shattered her heart. 
It always slips when i'm driving

I remember the first time a boy hugged me.

I remember the first time I gained courage to hug back.

I remember my out of control/crazy/scary dog running into my neighbors doggy door.

I remember my sister making me crawl in after him.

Luckily they weren't home

I remember thinking I had writers block when honestly I was just to scared of what people would think.

I remember trying to fit in.

I remember laughing at how much make up came off her face when someone tried to wipe food off her cheek for her. 

I remember the lonely days and I remember the busy ones.

I remember what it felt like to be stabbed in the back over and over again..

I remember not being able to see anything out of the clouds so I would just make up things and point randomly in the sky.

I remember when life was easy.

I remember when life was hard.

I remember my mom swearing at me for the first time and I did everything I could not to laugh cause she just threw it in her sentence and it made no sense, at all. 

I remember the old you.




1 comment:

  1. so many good blogs... yours is one of them.
    "It always slips when i'm driving"
    and the doggy door part made me laugh:)

    "I remember thinking I had writers block when honestly I was just to scared of what people would think."

    so real. Great post.

    ReplyDelete